Deutsche Telekom IoT GmbH (“Telekom”) data privacy information for Data Intelligence Hub (DIH)
Deutsche Telekom IoT GmbH attaches great importance to protecting your personal data. We always inform you what personal data we collect, how your data is used, and how you can influence the process.
Where can I find the information that is important to me?
This data privacy information provides an overview of the items which apply to Deutsche Telekom processing your data in this web portal. Further information, including information on data protection for specific products, is available at https://www.telekom.com/en/corporate-responsibility/data-protection-data-security/data-protection and https://www.telekom.com/en/deutsche-telekom/privacy-policy-1744.
Who is responsible for data processing? Who should I contact if I have any queries regarding data privacy at Deutsche Telekom?
The data controller is Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, 53113 Bonn, Germany. If you have any queries, please contact our Customer Services department or the Global Data Privacy Officer, Dr. Claus D. Ulmer, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, 53113 Bonn, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What rights do I have?
You have the right
- To request information on the categories of personal data concerned, the purpose of the processing, any recipients of the data, the envisaged storage period (Art. 15 GDPR);
- To request incorrect or incomplete data is rectified or supplemented (Art. 16 GDPR);
- To withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future (Art. 7 (3) GDPR);
- To object to the processing of data on the grounds of legitimate interests, for reasons relating to your particular situation (Art 21 (1) GDPR);
- To request the erasure of data in certain cases under Art. 17 GDPR – especially if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or is unlawfully processed, or you withdraw your consent according to (c) above or objected according to (d) above;
- To demand under certain circumstances the restriction of data where erasure is not possible or the erasure obligation is disputed (Art. 18 GDPR);
- To data portability, e. you can receive your data which you provided to us, in a commonly used and machine-readable format, such as CSV and can, where necessary, transmit the data to others (Art. 20 GDPR);
- To file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority regarding data processing (for telecommunications contracts: the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit); for any other matters: State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen).
Who does Deutsche Telekom pass my data on to?
- To processors, i.e. companies we engage to process data within the legally defined scope, Art. 28 GDPR (service providers, agents). In this case, Deutsche Telekom also remains responsible for protecting your data. We engage companies particularly in the following areas: IT, sales, marketing, finance, consulting, customer services, HR, logistics, printing.
- To cooperation partners who, on their own responsibility, provide services for you or in conjunction with your Deutsche Telekom contract. This is the case if you contract with us services from these partners or if you consent to the incorporation of the partner or if we incorporate the partner on the basis of legal permission.
- Owing to legal obligations: In certain cases, we are legally obliged to transfer certain data to the requesting state authority.
Where is my data processed?
In general, your data is processed in Germany and in other European countries.
If your data is also processed in countries outside the European Union (i.e. in third countries) by way of exception, this is done only if you have explicitly given your consent or it is required so we can provide you with services or it is prescribed by law (Art. 49 GDPR). Furthermore, your data is only processed in third countries if certain measures ensure a suitable level of data protection (e.g. EU Commission’s adequacy decision or suitable guarantees, Art. 44 ff. GDPR).
What data is recorded, how is it used and how long is it stored?
- Technical characteristics:
When you visit our websites, the web server temporarily records the domain name or your computer’s IP address, the file requested (file name and URL) by the client, the http response code, and the website from which you are visiting us.The recorded data is used solely for data security purposes, particularly to protect against attempted attacks on our web server (Art. 6 (1) f GDPR). We do not use it to create individual user profiles nor do we share this information with third parties. It is erased after 7 days at the latest. We reserve the right to statistically analyze anonymized data records.
- For the provision of services:
We use your personal data only for the purpose of technical administration of the websites and to fulfill your wishes and requirements. Additional personal data, e.g. Your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address will not be recorded unless you provide this information voluntarily or in connection with the registration at the DIH Marketplace. The data obtained from you when you contact us will be processed exclusively by Deutsche Telekom IoT GmbH for the purpose of formulating the inquiry response and the provision of services. Only if you have given us your prior consent, we use this data for product-related surveys and marketing purposes – but only in the required dimensions for each specific case and according to the given consent. A transfer of personal data to third parties is only after the express consent of the person concerned. Our contractual partners are contractually obligated by us to treat your data confidentially and in accordance with the statutory provisions. Whether we are allowed to use your data for our own marketing purposes, you can determine yourself in the context of your registration. You will only receive promotional information from us if you consent to such use. You have the option at any time to object to such use and to revoke any consent given.When you register, we process and use the contract data collected at the conclusion of the contract and during the contract period, which are necessary for the mutual and proper performance of the contract, as well as the voluntary information (contract data). The contract data includes the title, last name and first name, address, telephone number and / or e-mail addresses, data on payment processing and sales data – differentiated according to the services used, products and information about the products you use. If you set up additional users, their data will also be saved. Your contract data will be stored beyond the end of the contractual relationship only in accordance with the contractual agreements and are limited to the minimum required in each case. We save the contract text and send you the order data by e-mail. Your contract data will be deleted no later than 90 days after termination of the contract relationship by deleting your user account.
- Usage and billing data:
We store and use billing data for the proper provision of our services and for billing purposes. The billing information includes information about the beginning and end of each use and the services used.
- Technical characteristics: